π£ Don’t Hide Your Faith: Make God’s Name Known | Ezekiel 28 Devotional (7-Step QT)
7-Step QT Notes
1. π Quiet Time
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Ask God to give you the courage, humility, and love to make the name of Jesus known—even among those who may reject or oppose your faith.
2. π July 22, 2026
Today’s passage reminds us:
God reveals his glory and holiness so that people everywhere may know that he is the LORD.
3. ✝️ Ezekiel 28:20-26
God will judge Sidon with pestilence and the sword, revealing his glory and holiness so that all will know he is the LORD. Israel’s contemptuous neighbors will no longer wound them like briers and thorns. God will gather his scattered people to the land given to Jacob, where they will build houses, plant vineyards, dwell securely, and know that the LORD is their God.
4. π Key Verse
They will know that I am the LORD (vv. 22, 23, 24, 26).
5. π Reflection
A long time ago, I asked a street evangelist a question. People did not want to hear the gospel. Some even confronted him, complaining that he was too loud, spat at him, or reported him to the police. So I asked him why he continued to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in the streets. His answer was so simple and clear that I still remember it vividly. He said that his mission was to make the name of Jesus Christ known to those who did not know him and that he carried out this work with great joy.
Although today’s passage is shorter than usual, the declaration, “They will know that I am the LORD,” is repeated four times. This important expression appears as many as fifty-four times throughout the book of Ezekiel. It is both God’s powerful declaration and the outcome of his acts of judgment and restoration. Why, then, did God proclaim these words four times—not to Israel or Judah, his covenant people, but to the foreign nation of Sidon?
Dear brothers and sisters, never forget that God is the Creator and Ruler of the entire universe. Remember that God sent Jesus Christ because he loved the world. He did not do so because he loved only Jews or Christians. God receives glory even among those who oppose him and reveals his holiness in their midst.
Therefore, we Christians must not avoid or ignore the world. Instead, we must enter it and proclaim the name of God. Whenever possible, let us reveal God’s name and glory not only through street evangelism but also to those who oppose us. Let us joyfully proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they, too, may come to know who God is.
6. π¬ What does this passage speak to you today?
- Where am I most tempted to hide or minimize my faith?
- Who in my life needs to experience God’s grace through my words and actions?
- How can I make the name of Jesus known in a natural and loving way today?
- How do I usually respond when someone rejects, criticizes, or opposes my faith?
7. π Prayer
Our heavenly Father, You are the Creator and Ruler of the whole world.
Thank You for revealing Your glory and holiness and for making Yourself known through both judgment and restoration.
Forgive me when I hide my faith because I am afraid of rejection or criticism.
Use my life so that others may come to know that You are the LORD.
Amen.
Scriptures
π (Ezekiel 28:20-26, ESV).
20 The word of the LORD came to me: 21 “Son of man, set your face toward Sidon, and prophesy against her 22 and say, Thus says the Lord GOD:
“Behold, I am against you, O Sidon,
and I will manifest my glory in your midst.
And they shall know that I am the LORD
when I execute judgments in her
and manifest my holiness in her;
23 for I will send pestilence into her,
and blood into her streets;
and the slain shall fall in her midst,
by the sword that is against her on every side.
Then they will know that I am the LORD.
24 “And for the house of Israel there shall be no more a brier to prick or a thorn to hurt them among all their neighbors who have treated them with contempt. Then they will know that I am the Lord GOD.
25 “Thus says the Lord GOD: When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and manifest my holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they shall dwell in their own land that I gave to my servant Jacob. 26 And they shall dwell securely in it, and they shall build houses and plant vineyards. They shall dwell securely, when I execute judgments upon all their neighbors who have treated them with contempt. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God.

Comments
Post a Comment