2026-09-11 | πŸ“– Feeling Anxious? Find Peace in God’s Word | Psalm 119 Devotional (7-Step QT)

 

7-Step QT Notes

1. πŸ™ Quiet Time

Pause.

Take a deep breath.

Pray that he will teach you to love his Word, obey it joyfully, and experience the great peace that comes from trusting him.

2. πŸ“… September 11, 2026

Today’s passage reminds us:

True peace does not come from having an easy or predictable life. It comes from loving God’s Word and trusting the God whose truth never changes.

3. ✝️ Psalm 119:153-168

Though afflicted and unjustly persecuted, the psalmist does not turn from God’s law. He asks the LORD to defend, redeem, and revive him according to His mercy and steadfast love. God’s word is entirely true and eternal. Therefore, he hates falsehood, rejoices in and loves God’s word, praises Him, hopes for salvation, and obeys His commands. Those who love God’s law have great peace.

4. πŸ“– Key Verse

Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble (v. 165).

5. πŸ“ Reflection

When I moved from Vancouver to Montreal for ministry, I realized how different two cities within the same country could be. The weather in western and eastern Canada was different, and I could no longer see snow-covered mountains nearby. The houses and streets looked different, and hearing much more French in everyday life made me feel as though I had moved to another country. Although Montreal is Canada’s second-largest city, its atmosphere felt quite different from Vancouver’s.

There were also many things I had to be careful about while driving in Montreal. In particular, it took considerable time to adjust to the traffic signals governing right turns. I could not simply rely on the driving habits I had learned in Vancouver. I needed to pay close attention to Montreal’s traffic laws and signals. Sometimes, even when the light turned green, I was unsure whether I was permitted to turn right, so I waited for the next signal.

Today, I reflected on the psalmist’s confession in verse 155: “Salvation is far from the wicked, for they do not seek your statutes.” As I read these words, I imagined what would happen if I ignored Montreal’s traffic signals. I would probably receive a ticket and be fined for violating traffic laws. But what would happen if I stopped insisting on the driving habits I had learned in Vancouver and carefully followed Montreal’s traffic laws? I would be able to drive peacefully without being afraid of the traffic police.

Dear brothers and sisters, it is only natural for God’s children to love the Word of God, who is the Creator and Ruler of the world. We are not saved by obeying God’s Word. Rather, because we have been saved by God’s grace, we love and obey His Word. God gives great peace that keeps us from stumbling easily to those who love His law (Ps. 119:165).

Just as insisting on Vancouver’s traffic laws while driving in Montreal can lead to trouble, salvation remains far from those who reject and hate God’s Word (cf. vv. 155, 158). This does not mean that keeping God’s Word earns salvation. Rather, refusing to seek and obey His Word reveals a heart that remains far from God.

May we also confess with the psalmist today, “My soul keeps Your testimonies because I love them exceedingly.” May you love God’s Word, obey it joyfully, and enjoy the great peace that He gives.

6. πŸ’¬ What does this passage speak to you today?

  • Do I read Scripture only when I need encouragement, or do I allow it to reshape my priorities and decisions?
  • Am I trying to earn God’s love through obedience, or am I obeying him in response to the grace I have already received?
  • What is one specific step of joyful obedience I can take today?

7. πŸ™ Prayer

Our heavenly Father, thank You for giving me Your true and eternal Word.

Forgive me for relying more on my feelings, habits, and opinions than on Your wisdom.

Teach me to love Your Word and to obey You joyfully in every area of my life.

Give me the great peace that comes from trusting You, and keep me from stumbling.

Amen.


Scriptures

πŸ“– (Psalm 119:153-168, ESV).

153  Look on my affliction and deliver me,
for I do not forget your law.
154  Plead my cause and redeem me;
give me life according to your promise!
155  Salvation is far from the wicked,
for they do not seek your statutes.
156  Great is your mercy, O LORD;
give me life according to your rules.
157  Many are my persecutors and my adversaries,
but I do not swerve from your testimonies.
158  I look at the faithless with disgust,
because they do not keep your commands.
159  Consider how I love your precepts!
Give me life, O LORD, according to your steadfast love.
160  The sum of your word is truth,
and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

161  Princes persecute me without cause,
but my heart stands in awe of your words.
162  I rejoice at your word
like one who finds great spoil.
163  I hate and abhor falsehood,
but I love your law.
164  Seven times a day I praise you
for your righteous rules.
165  Great peace have those who love your law;
nothing can make them stumble.
166  I hope for your salvation, O LORD,
and I do your commandments.
167  My soul keeps your testimonies;
I love them exceedingly.
168  I keep your precepts and testimonies,
for all my ways are before you.


Audio Overview


Praise & Worship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Every Detail in the Bible Matters πŸ“œ | Joshua 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

Numbers 23: God Is With Us—The Shout of a King | Quiet Time Devotional

πŸ‘‘ When Life Feels Unstable, Trust This Truth | Psalm 93 Devotional (7-Step QT)