2026-09-10 | π Can You Trust God When Life Feels Uncertain? | Psalm 119 Devotional (7-Step QT)
7-Step QT Notes
1. π Quiet Time
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Ask God to help you see that he is completely trustworthy, even when your circumstances are painful, uncertain, or difficult to understand.
2. π September 10, 2026
Today’s passage reminds us:
Our circumstances may change, but God remains righteous, his Word remains true, and his presence remains near.
3. ✝️ Psalm 119:137-152
The psalmist declares that the LORD, his judgments, and his word are righteous, faithful, and eternally true. Though despised, distressed, and pursued by enemies who reject God’s law, he loves and delights in God’s commands. He cries out wholeheartedly for understanding, salvation, and life, hoping in and meditating on God’s promise day and night. His enemies draw near, but the LORD is nearer.
4. π Key Verse
You have appointed your testimonies in righteousness and in all faithfulness (v. 138).
5. π Reflection
π Being able to trust someone is truly a blessing. Genuine trust is formed when two things are closely connected: the other person must be trustworthy, and I must also be willing to trust that person. If I trust someone who is unreliable, or if I cannot trust someone who has proven trustworthy, a genuine relationship of trust will be difficult to establish. Therefore, a healthy relationship of trust requires us not only to discern whether the other person is trustworthy but also to examine whether we truly trust that person.
In today’s QT passage, the psalmist demonstrates unwavering faith. There is hardly even a trace of doubt in his confession. He declares that he has long known that the Lord established His testimonies forever and that all His words are true. Furthermore, his faith does not change according to his circumstances. Even when he is lowly and despised, and trouble and anguish overwhelm him, he firmly holds on to the unchanging promises of the Lord. The psalmist knows that the Lord is completely trustworthy, and he sings of his own unwavering trust in Him. In doing so, he shows us the ideal relationship of trust that should exist between God and His people.
Dear brothers and sisters, do you have this kind of relationship with God? Are you questioning whether the Lord is truly trustworthy, or looking for reasons why you cannot trust Him? The relationship of trust described by the psalmist is not reserved for a select group of extraordinary believers. It is the most essential relationship God has graciously given to all His people. We know that countless ancestors of faith continued the history of faith by trusting in our faithful God. Therefore, may you also trust firmly in the eternally faithful God and join the psalmist in singing this song of faith today.
6. π¬ What does this passage speak to you today?
- In what area of my life am I finding it difficult to trust God?
- Are my circumstances shaping my view of God, or is God’s character shaping my response to my circumstances?
- Am I honestly bringing my questions and fears to God, or am I allowing them to pull me away from him?
- Which truth or promise from today’s passage will I hold on to throughout the day?
- What practical decision can I make today to demonstrate my trust in God?
7. π Prayer
Our heavenly Father, thank You for being righteous, faithful, and completely trustworthy.
Forgive me for allowing changing circumstances, painful experiences, and unanswered questions to weaken my trust in You.
Help me bring my fears and struggles honestly before You rather than turning away from You.
Give me understanding through Your Word, renew my life according to Your steadfast love, and help me hold firmly to Your promises.
When problems and fears draw near, remind me that You are even nearer.
Amen.
Scriptures
π (Psalm 119:137-152, ESV).
137 Righteous are you, O LORD,
and right are your rules.
138 You have appointed your testimonies in righteousness
and in all faithfulness.
139 My zeal consumes me,
because my foes forget your words.
140 Your promise is well tried,
and your servant loves it.
141 I am small and despised,
yet I do not forget your precepts.
142 Your righteousness is righteous forever,
and your law is true.
143 Trouble and anguish have found me out,
but your commandments are my delight.
144 Your testimonies are righteous forever;
give me understanding that I may live.
145 With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O LORD!
I will keep your statutes.
146 I call to you; save me,
that I may observe your testimonies.
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I hope in your words.
148 My eyes are awake before the watches of the night,
that I may meditate on your promise.
149 Hear my voice according to your steadfast love;
O LORD, according to your justice give me life.
150 They draw near who persecute me with evil purpose;
they are far from your law.
151 But you are near, O LORD,
and all your commandments are true.
152 Long have I known from your testimonies
that you have founded them forever.

Amen π
ReplyDelete