2026-08-03 | ⛈️ When Life Falls Apart, ☀️ God Has Not Forgotten You | Ezekiel 34 Devotional (7-Step QT)

 

7-Step QT Notes

1. πŸ™ Quiet Time

Pause.

Take a deep breath.

Ask God to help you know him as the faithful Shepherd who stays with you, cares for you, and never abandons his people.

2. πŸ“… August 3, 2026

Today’s passage reminds us:

Even when our lives fall apart, we still belong to God, and our faithful Shepherd remains with us.

3. ✝️ Ezekiel 34:25-31

The LORD will make a covenant of peace with his people, remove every threat, and send showers of blessing. The land will bear fruit, and Israel will live securely, free from slavery, hunger, fear, and reproach. Through his deliverance they will know that the LORD is with them: they are the human sheep of his pasture, and he is their God.

4. πŸ“– Key Verse

And you are my sheep, human sheep of my pasture, and I am your God, declares the Lord GOD (v. 31).

5. πŸ“ Reflection

Not long ago, a brother in Christ shared a heartbreaking story with me. Through an acquaintance he had known for some time, his entire family immigrated to the United States. Although they had already established a stable life in Korea, he trusted this acquaintance and decided to immigrate solely for the sake of his children’s future.

When they first arrived in the United States, found a home, and started a business, everything seemed full of promise. That hope gave them the strength to work diligently despite the hardships. But one morning, their hope was completely shattered. The acquaintance they had trusted had fled with all the family’s business funds. The brother and his family had been defrauded.

After losing their home and business, the family could not even find a place where they could all stay together. Eventually, the brother returned to Korea alone, while his wife and children remained in the United States. To support the family he had left behind, he now sleeps only a few hours, works three jobs a day, and sends all his earnings to the United States. When I saw him weep and confess that the burden was overwhelming and that he did not know how to endure the situation, my heart ached with his.

Dear brothers and sisters, I do not know why this brother must endure such pain and suffering. Nor can I simply tell him, “You should have been more careful so that you would not be deceived.” So I pray for him. I ask the God who calls the people of Israel “my sheep” in today’s passage to walk with this brother and care for him as well. God has promised never to abandon his people, and he always fulfills that promise faithfully.

6. πŸ’¬ What does this passage speak to you today?

  • What situation is making me feel afraid, abandoned, or uncertain?
  • How does it change my perspective to hear God call me “my sheep”?
  • Am I trying to carry a burden alone that I need to bring honestly before God?
  • Who around me may need God’s care through my listening, prayer, or practical help?
  • What specific action can I take today to trust God or care for someone who is suffering?

7. πŸ™ Prayer

Our heavenly Father, thank You for calling me Your sheep and making me Your own.

When my plans fall apart and I cannot understand what is happening, help me remember that You are still with me.

Give me the strength I need for today, provide for me, and lead me in Your peace.

Open my eyes to those who are suffering, and help me care for them through compassionate listening, faithful prayer, and practical love.

Help me trust that You are my faithful Shepherd who will never abandon Your people.

Amen.


Scriptures

πŸ“– (Ezekiel 34:25-31, ESV).

25 “I will make with them a covenant of peace and banish wild beasts from the land, so that they may dwell securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods. 26 And I will make them and the places all around my hill a blessing, and I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be showers of blessing. 27 And the trees of the field shall yield their fruit, and the earth shall yield its increase, and they shall be secure in their land. And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I break the bars of their yoke, and deliver them from the hand of those who enslaved them. 28 They shall no more be a prey to the nations, nor shall the beasts of the land devour them. They shall dwell securely, and none shall make them afraid. 29 And I will provide for them a renowned place for planting so that they shall no more be consumed with hunger in the land, and no longer suffer the reproach of the nations. 30 And they shall know that I am the LORD their God with them, and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Lord GOD. 31 And you are my sheep, human sheep of my pasture, and I am your God, declares the Lord GOD.”


Audio Overview


Praise & Worship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Every Detail in the Bible Matters πŸ“œ | Joshua 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

Numbers 23: God Is With Us—The Shout of a King | Quiet Time Devotional

πŸ‘‘ When Life Feels Unstable, Trust This Truth | Psalm 93 Devotional (7-Step QT)