2026-08-02 |🐏 Feeling Lost? The Good Shepherd Is Looking for You | Ezekiel 34 Devotional (7-Step QT)

 

7-Step QT Notes

1. πŸ™ Quiet Time

Pause.

Take a deep breath.

Ask God to help you see his heart for those who are lost, wounded, weak, or forgotten.

2. πŸ“… August 2, 2026

Today’s passage reminds us:

God does not abandon his scattered sheep. He personally seeks, rescues, heals, and restores them through Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd.

3. ✝️ Ezekiel 34:11-24

The Lord GOD will personally seek, rescue, gather, feed, and give rest to his scattered sheep. He will restore the lost, injured, and weak, but judge the strong sheep that oppress others and ruin their pasture. Saving his flock from further prey, he will appoint one shepherd, his servant David, to feed them. The LORD will be their God, and David will be prince among them.

4. πŸ“– Key Verse

“For thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out.” (v. 11).

5. πŸ“ Reflection

My father, who is now in heaven, was a member of a family separated during the Korean War. He was separated from his eldest brother amid the turmoil of the war. In 1983, he submitted his story to the KBS special live broadcast Finding Dispersed Families, hoping to find him. Afterward, he watched every broadcast without fail, longing to hear even the slightest piece of good news. The program began as a short-term special but continued for 138 days, ultimately reuniting 10,189 people with their families. In recognition of their historical value, the program’s records were inscribed on UNESCO’s Memory of the World Register in 2015.

Although the entire nation was deeply invested in the program, no news of my father’s eldest brother ever came. Nevertheless, whenever my father watched other separated families embrace after decades apart, he wept with them. I still remember crying beside him as a young child. Even after the broadcasts ended, he never abandoned the hope that he would someday find his brother. Yet he went to heaven without ever seeing him again, and the reunion for which he had waited throughout his life was never realized on this earth.

Today, God speaks a truly astonishing word to us. Although the sheep were scattered and lost because of the failures of false shepherds, God still calls them “my flock.” He declares that he himself will search for them and rescue them. God does not stop with a declaration. He gathers the scattered sheep, feeds them, binds up the injured, and strengthens the weak. Furthermore, he promises to appoint one shepherd over them, his servant David. About 580 years later, this promise was fulfilled through Jesus Christ, who came as the Son of David.

Beloved brothers and sisters, seeking and saving all humanity, which has wandered from God because of sin, is an undertaking far greater and more astonishing than finding families separated by war. Yet God faithfully fulfilled this promise of restoration by sending Jesus Christ. Even now, he calls us to participate in his work of seeking and saving lost sheep. Will we embrace the heart of our Lord and joyfully take part in this glorious calling?

6. πŸ’¬ What does this passage speak to you today?

  • How does it change my view of God to know that he personally searches for his sheep?
  • Am I using my strength to protect and support others, or am I unintentionally pushing weaker people aside?
  • Is there someone in my life who may feel forgotten, isolated, or far from God?
  • What is one practical way I can reflect the heart of the Good Shepherd today?

7. πŸ™ Prayer

Our heavenly Father, thank You for seeking me when I am lost, healing me when I am wounded, strengthening me when I am weak, and giving me rest when I am exhausted.

Give me eyes to notice those who are lonely, wounded, overlooked, or far from You.

Teach me to use my strength to serve others rather than to push them aside.

Use me in Your work of seeking the lost and bringing them into Your loving care.

Amen.


Scriptures

πŸ“– (Ezekiel 34:11-24, ESV).

11 “For thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them into their own land. And I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the ravines, and in all the inhabited places of the country. 14 I will feed them with good pasture, and on the mountain heights of Israel shall be their grazing land. There they shall lie down in good grazing land, and on rich pasture they shall feed on the mountains of Israel. 15 I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I myself will make them lie down, declares the Lord GOD. 16 I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice.
17 “As for you, my flock, thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I judge between sheep and sheep, between rams and male goats. 18 Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture, that you must tread down with your feet the rest of your pasture; and to drink of clear water, that you must muddy the rest of the water with your feet? 19 And must my sheep eat what you have trodden with your feet, and drink what you have muddied with your feet?
20 “Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD to them: Behold, I, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21 Because you push with side and shoulder, and thrust at all the weak with your horns, till you have scattered them abroad, 22 I will rescue my flock; they shall no longer be a prey. And I will judge between sheep and sheep. 23 And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd. 24 And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them. I am the LORD; I have spoken.


Audio Overview


Praise & Worship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Every Detail in the Bible Matters πŸ“œ | Joshua 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

Numbers 23: God Is With Us—The Shout of a King | Quiet Time Devotional

πŸ‘‘ When Life Feels Unstable, Trust This Truth | Psalm 93 Devotional (7-Step QT)