2026-08-19 | πŸ”₯ The God Who Judges and Restores: His Unchanging Love and Justice | Ezekiel 43 Devotional (7-Step QT)

 

7-Step QT Notes

1. πŸ™ Quiet Time

Pause.

Take a deep breath.

Ask God to help you see that his love and justice are not opposed to each other, but reveal his unchanging holiness and faithfulness.

2. πŸ“… August 19, 2026

Today’s passage reminds us:

The God who judges sin is the same God who restores his people. His love and justice reveal his unchanging desire to dwell with us and make us holy.

3. ✝️ Ezekiel 43:1-12

The glory of the God of Israel returns through the east gate and fills the temple. God declares it his throne, where he will dwell among Israel forever. Because the people and their kings defiled his holy name through idolatry and abominations, they suffered his judgment. They must now repent. Ezekiel is to reveal the temple’s design and laws so that they may be ashamed and faithfully obey them.

4. πŸ“– Key Verse

And the vision I saw was just like the vision that I had seen when he came to destroy the city, and just like the vision that I had seen by the Chebar canal. And I fell on my face (v. 3).

5. πŸ“ Reflection

πŸ“ As I engage in spiritual conversations with fellow believers, I often notice something quite interesting. Many people understand the God of love and the God of justice as though they were separate. For example, some feel wronged and ask why a loving God would allow such misfortune in their lives. Others fear whether a just God could ever forgive them. Perhaps because they find it difficult to believe that love and justice can coexist in one God, some choose love and others justice as God’s defining attribute, reading Scripture and praying primarily from that perspective.

Today, Ezekiel tells us something remarkable. The glory of the LORD entered the temple through the east gate and filled it. This glory appeared just as it had when Ezekiel first saw God’s glory and received his prophetic calling by the Chebar canal. It also appeared as it had when Jerusalem faced judgment. The glory of the LORD returning to the place of restoration was the same glory that had appeared at the place of judgment.

This may seem obvious when we read the whole book of Ezekiel and the whole Bible, but it is also a remarkable truth that we often forget. The God who appeared in judgment and the God who returned to bring restoration are not different gods. God is always equally holy. He judges sin with justice, cleanses his people in love, and desires to dwell among them forever (Ezek. 43:3, 7-12; Mal. 3:6).

Dear brothers and sisters, let us not assume that every pain and hardship we experience is a judgment imposed by the God of justice, while every moment of peace and rest is a blessing given by the God of love. We experience both God’s love and justice within the presence of the one God who is always holy and unchanging. At times, we experience God’s love in the midst of suffering. At other times, through his discipline and instruction, we come to recognize his faithfulness.

God’s love and justice do not oppose each other. Both reveal the holiness and faithfulness of God, who desires to dwell with his people forever. Therefore, may we trust our unchanging and faithful God today and live as his holy children, reflecting his holiness in every part of our lives.

6. πŸ’¬ What does this passage speak to you today?

  • Do I believe that God loves me more when life is going well or when I am performing well spiritually?
  • Have I interpreted a current hardship as proof that God is angry with me or has abandoned me?
  • Is there an area in which I want God’s comfort but resist his correction?
  • What is one specific step of repentance or obedience I can take today?
  • How can I reflect God’s holiness in my relationships, work, finances, habits, or online activity?

7. πŸ™ Prayer

Our heavenly Father, thank You for being holy, loving, just, and unchanging.

Forgive me for judging Your character by my circumstances and for separating Your love from Your justice.

Help me trust Your faithful presence in both joyful and difficult seasons.

May my relationships, decisions, habits, work, and plans reflect Your holiness today.

Amen.


Scriptures

πŸ“– (Ezekiel 43:1-12, ESV).

1 Then he led me to the gate, the gate facing east. 2 And behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the east. And the sound of his coming was like the sound of many waters, and the earth shone with his glory. 3 And the vision I saw was just like the vision that I had seen when he came to destroy the city, and just like the vision that I had seen by the Chebar canal. And I fell on my face. 4 As the glory of the LORD entered the temple by the gate facing east, 5 the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the LORD filled the temple.
6 While the man was standing beside me, I heard one speaking to me out of the temple, 7 and he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever. And the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoring and by the dead bodies of their kings at their high places, 8 by setting their threshold by my threshold and their doorposts beside my doorposts, with only a wall between me and them. They have defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed, so I have consumed them in my anger. 9 Now let them put away their whoring and the dead bodies of their kings far from me, and I will dwell in their midst forever.
10 “As for you, son of man, describe to the house of Israel the temple, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and they shall measure the plan. 11 And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the design of the temple, its arrangement, its exits and its entrances, that is, its whole design; and make known to them as well all its statutes and its whole design and all its laws, and write it down in their sight, so that they may observe all its laws and all its statutes and carry them out. 12 This is the law of the temple: the whole territory on the top of the mountain all around shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple.


Audio Overview


Praise & Worship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Every Detail in the Bible Matters πŸ“œ | Joshua 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

Numbers 23: God Is With Us—The Shout of a King | Quiet Time Devotional

πŸ‘‘ When Life Feels Unstable, Trust This Truth | Psalm 93 Devotional (7-Step QT)