2026-08-15 | π You Don’t Need the Full Blueprint to Trust God | Ezekiel 40 Devotional (7-Step QT)
7-Step QT Notes
1. π Quiet Time
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Ask God to help you see beyond the brokenness in front of you and trust that he is carefully working out his holy and restoring purposes.
2. π August 15, 2026
Today’s passage reminds us:
We may not understand the full blueprint of our lives, but we can trust God, who sees every detail and faithfully restores what has been broken.
3. ✝️ Ezekiel 40:1-16
In the twenty-fifth year of exile, God brought Ezekiel in a vision to a high mountain in Israel, where he saw a temple-like city. A bronze-like man with measuring tools commanded him to observe, listen, take everything to heart, and declare it to Israel. The man measured the temple’s outer wall and east gate, including its thresholds, guardrooms, vestibule, windows, and palm-decorated jambs.
4. π Key Verse
And the man said to me, “Son of man, look with your eyes, and hear with your ears, and set your heart upon all that I shall show you, for you were brought here in order that I might show it to you. Declare all that you see to the house of Israel.” (v. 4)
5. π Reflection
I remember taking an IQ test when I was a student. At the time, I did not even know what kind of test it was. I simply participated because the school administered it to us as a group. The test contained many different types of questions, but the only section in which I received a perfect score was the one measuring spatial perception. The questions showed several shapes stacked together and asked us to determine the total number, including those hidden from view. Strangely enough, I could recognize the answers as soon as I saw the figures, so I completed the questions quickly and answered every one of them correctly. I also remember proudly telling my friends about it.
The reason I bring up this slightly embarrassing childhood memory is today’s QT passage. Ezekiel carefully recorded what he saw, but no matter how many times I read his description, I find it difficult to picture the scene. I wonder what happened to the spatial perception I had as a child.
A wall surrounds the outside of the temple, and a gate faces east. Inside the east gate are guardrooms, an inner gate, and gateposts. There are barriers in front of the guardrooms, and their doorways face one another. Narrow windows line the guardrooms and the inner walls of the gateway, and there are also windows in the vestibule. Palm trees are carved on each gatepost.
What about you? Can you picture the structure in your mind? I found it so difficult to understand that I searched YouTube for materials on “Ezekiel’s Temple 3D Model.” Only after watching them did I begin to understand the scene.
This leads us to an important question. Why did God show Ezekiel such a detailed structure and command him to record it? What does God want to reveal through this passage to those of us living today?
Beloved congregation, first, I encourage you to believe that the Bible is the Word of God. God’s Word reveals his holy name and glory. One of the important themes repeatedly expressed in Ezekiel is, “They shall know that I am the LORD.” Therefore, today’s vision of the new temple also reveals who God is.
When we read today’s passage from this perspective, we discover something important. The new temple that God showed Ezekiel is far more magnificent than Solomon’s temple, which had already been destroyed. In other words, the restoration God promises is not simply a return to the past. God does not merely reproduce what once existed. He promises his people a greater and more glorious restoration.
Therefore, we do not need to long for or envy the past in which we lived under the power of sin. Having been saved, we have received something greater and better in God than anything we possessed before.
Do you feel as though you are standing in the middle of a wasteland where everything has collapsed? Do not be overwhelmed by worry or fear. Instead, hold firmly to God’s promise that he will restore you with something better. May you look beyond the wasteland before your eyes, trust in God’s faithfulness, and rejoice in faith.
6. π¬ What does this passage speak to you today?
- What part of my life currently feels broken, uncertain, or beyond my control?
- Am I asking God only to give me my old life back, or am I open to the new work he wants to do?
- What truth from God’s Word do I need to look at carefully, listen to closely, and take to heart?
- How does knowing that God sees the full picture change the way I view my present circumstances?
- What is one practical step of faith and obedience I can take today, even if I do not understand God’s entire plan?
7. π Prayer
Our heavenly Father, thank You for seeing the full picture of my life.
Forgive me for allowing broken circumstances to make me doubt Your presence and faithfulness.
Help me look carefully at Your Word, listen closely to Your voice, and take Your truth to heart.
Keep me from clinging to the past, and give me faith to follow You into the future You are preparing.
Help me take the next step of faithful obedience today.
Amen.
Scriptures
π (Ezekiel 40:1-16, ESV).
1 In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after the city was struck down, on that very day, the hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me to the city. 2 In visions of God he brought me to the land of Israel, and set me down on a very high mountain, on which was a structure like a city to the south. 3 When he brought me there, behold, there was a man whose appearance was like bronze, with a linen cord and a measuring reed in his hand. And he was standing in the gateway. 4 And the man said to me, “Son of man, look with your eyes, and hear with your ears, and set your heart upon all that I shall show you, for you were brought here in order that I might show it to you. Declare all that you see to the house of Israel.”
5 And behold, there was a wall all around the outside of the temple area, and the length of the measuring reed in the man’s hand was six long cubits, each being a cubit and a handbreadth in length. So he measured the thickness of the wall, one reed; and the height, one reed. 6 Then he went into the gateway facing east, going up its steps, and measured the threshold of the gate, one reed deep. 7 And the side rooms, one reed long and one reed broad; and the space between the side rooms, five cubits; and the threshold of the gate by the vestibule of the gate at the inner end, one reed. 8 Then he measured the vestibule of the gateway, on the inside, one reed. 9 Then he measured the vestibule of the gateway, eight cubits; and its jambs, two cubits; and the vestibule of the gate was at the inner end. 10 And there were three side rooms on either side of the east gate. The three were of the same size, and the jambs on either side were of the same size. 11 Then he measured the width of the opening of the gateway, ten cubits; and the length of the gateway, thirteen cubits. 12 There was a barrier before the side rooms, one cubit on either side. And the side rooms were six cubits on either side. 13 Then he measured the gate from the ceiling of the one side room to the ceiling of the other, a breadth of twenty-five cubits; the openings faced each other. 14 He measured also the vestibule, sixty cubits. And around the vestibule of the gateway was the court. 15 From the front of the gate at the entrance to the front of the inner vestibule of the gate was fifty cubits. 16 And the gateway had windows all around, narrowing inwards toward the side rooms and toward their jambs, and likewise the vestibule had windows all around inside, and on the jambs were palm trees.

Comments
Post a Comment