2026-08-09 | ✝️ Feeling Lost or Scattered? Let God Be Your Landmark | Ezekiel 37 Devotional (7-Step QT)
7-Step QT Notes
1. π Quiet Time
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Ask God to help you recognize his presence and bring every scattered part of your life under the loving rule of Jesus Christ.
2. π August 9, 2026
Today’s passage reminds us:
When our lives feel scattered or divided, God gathers us, cleanses us through Christ, and dwells among us so that we may live as his holy people.
3. ✝️ Ezekiel 37:15-28
God tells Ezekiel to join sticks for Judah and Joseph, signifying that he will gather Israel from the nations and make them one people under one Davidic king. He will save and cleanse them from idolatry, and they will obey him and dwell in the promised land. God will establish an everlasting covenant of peace and set his sanctuary among them, so the nations will know that he sanctifies Israel.
4. π Key Verse
Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore (v. 28).
5. π Reflection
Montreal, where the church I serve is located, is the second-largest city in Canada. French is the primary language spoken here, and people of many different races and nationalities live together. It is like a melting pot where diverse cultures blend into one. Montreal is also an island city surrounded by the St. Lawrence River. Except for Mount Royal near its center, the landscape is relatively flat.
As people walk or drive through various parts of Montreal, they can often see the dome and cross of Saint Joseph’s Oratory rising prominently above Mount Royal, regardless of their religious background or where they live. Since there are not many tall buildings outside the downtown area, the cross rising high into the sky sometimes serves as a landmark that helps me recognize the direction in which I am traveling. On my way to work in the morning and home in the evening, I also look at the cross against the blue sky. Then I remember the gospel that God came through Christ to dwell among his people.
Today’s QT passage records God’s promise to gather the scattered and divided people of Israel, make them one people, and save and cleanse them from their idols and sins. They will become one people under the rule of David, and God will establish an everlasting covenant of peace with them and place his dwelling among them. Then the nations will know that he is the LORD who sanctifies his people.
As I meditate on this passage, I remember that God’s tabernacle remained among the Israelites whether they were traveling or encamped during their approximately forty years in the wilderness. God promises not merely to restore the covenantal presence through which he dwelt among his people in the wilderness, but to fulfill it in an eternal and perfect form. Each day, as I look at the cross standing high above the city against the blue sky, I reflect on how beautiful and real this promise is.
Dear brothers and sisters, do you realize how beautiful and real God’s promise to dwell among us is? Both in the age of the law and in the age following Christ’s coming, God graciously makes us his people and becomes our Father. Through the cross of Jesus Christ, he cleanses us and makes us a holy people in Christ. He also dwells among us by the Holy Spirit and leads us to live holy lives each day according to his Word. Today, let us look to Jesus Christ, who was crucified and raised from the dead, and praise God, who dwells among us and makes us clean and holy.
6. π¬ What does this passage speak to you today?
- Is anything receiving more of my trust, attention, or devotion than God?
- Am I trying to fix myself before coming honestly to God?
- What is one area of my life that I need to bring under the loving rule of Jesus?
- How does knowing that God dwells with me change the way I approach work, school, relationships, or uncertainty?
- What specific step of obedience can I take today?
7. π Prayer
Our heavenly Father, thank You for gathering me when I feel scattered and restoring me when I wander from You.
Thank You for cleansing me through the cross of Jesus Christ and making me part of Your holy people.
Help me remember that You dwell within me through the Holy Spirit.
Bring every divided part of my life under the loving rule of Jesus, my King and Good Shepherd.
May my words, relationships, decisions, and daily actions reveal Your gracious and holy presence to others.
Amen.
Scriptures
π (Ezekiel 37:15-28, ESV).
15 The word of the LORD came to me: 16 “Son of man, take a stick and write on it, ‘For Judah, and the people of Israel associated with him’; then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph (the stick of Ephraim) and all the house of Israel associated with him.’ 17 And join them one to another into one stick, that they may become one in your hand. 18 And when your people say to you, ‘Will you not tell us what you mean by these?’ 19 say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am about to take the stick of Joseph (that is in the hand of Ephraim) and the tribes of Israel associated with him. And I will join with it the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, that they may be one in my hand. 20 When the sticks on which you write are in your hand before their eyes, 21 then say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land. 22 And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
24 “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25 They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore. 27 My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.”

Comments
Post a Comment