2026-08-08 | π± Feeling Spiritually Dry? God Can Bring You Back to Life | Ezekiel 37 Devotional (7-Step QT)
7-Step QT Notes
1. π Quiet Time
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Ask God to open your eyes so that you may understand his Word and know him more deeply.
2. π August 8, 2026
Today’s passage reminds us:
God patiently reveals himself through his Word and gives life through his Spirit. So do not give up when Scripture feels difficult. Stay close to his Word and ask him to open your eyes.
3. ✝️ Ezekiel 37:1-14
The Spirit of the LORD brought Ezekiel to a valley of dry bones. At God’s command, he prophesied, and the bones came together and received flesh. When he prophesied to the breath, they lived and stood as a great army. The bones represented hopeless Israel. God promised to open their graves, restore them to their land, and put his Spirit within them, so they would know that he speaks and acts.
4. π Key Verse
And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD (v. 14).
5. π Reflection
When I worked as a financial consultant, one of my greatest concerns was how to communicate difficult economic concepts to my clients in an understandable way. After a long period of serious study and reflection, a sudden insight came to me during a Sunday worship service that I had attended almost out of habit.
As I recall, the sermon passage that day was especially difficult. In order to explain it as clearly as possible, the pastor shared an illustration. As I listened, a vivid picture suddenly formed in my mind, and I could clearly understand what the sermon was about.
God’s Word is not an incomprehensible vision or a meaningless combination of words. God has given us his Word so that even children may hear, understand, and follow it. Scripture says, “The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple” (Ps. 119:130). Even when our hardened hearts prevent us from understanding his Word, God does not give up on us. Instead, he graciously and carefully explains his truth in ways we can understand.
Today’s passage reveals this same gracious consideration. God allowed Ezekiel to witness with his own eyes what restoration means and what it means for God to give his people a new spirit. Therefore, the vision of the dry bones coming to life is not merely a description of an astonishing scene. Through this vision, God helps us know and trust him as the One who restores his hopeless people through his Word and Spirit.
Dear brothers and sisters, do you find God’s Word difficult to understand? Are you blaming God because you think his Word is too difficult? Yet God has revealed his Word so that we and our children may hear, understand, and obey it (Deut. 29:29; 31:10-13). Therefore, instead of giving up on Scripture or distancing ourselves from it, let us pray together that God will give us understanding:
“Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.” (Ps. 119:18).
6. π¬ What does this passage speak to you today?
- What does the vision of the dry bones reveal about the power of God’s Word and Spirit?
- Is there an area of my life that feels as dry or hopeless as the bones in Ezekiel’s vision?
- When Scripture feels difficult, do I give up quickly, or do I ask God to help me understand?
- What is one practical step I can take today to stay close to Scripture?
- What truth from today’s passage can I put into practice?
7. π Prayer
Our heavenly Father, thank You for patiently revealing Yourself through Your Word.
Forgive me for giving up too quickly when Scripture feels difficult or when my heart feels spiritually dry.
Open my eyes so that I may see the wonderful truth of Your Word.
Help me slow down, listen carefully, and obey what You teach me.
Help me stay close to Your Word and trust that You will always accomplish what You have promised.
Speak life into the dry and hopeless places within me, and fill me with Your Spirit.
Amen.
Scriptures
π (Ezekiel 37:1-14, ESV).
1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. 2 And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. 3 And he said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” And I answered, “O Lord GOD, you know.” 4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. 5 Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. 6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD.”
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. 8 And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them. 9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.” 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.
11 Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people. 14 And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD.”

Comments
Post a Comment