πŸ™ Where Is God When You Can’t See Him? | Psalm 115 Devotional (7-Step QT)

7-Step QT Notes

1. πŸ™ Quiet Time

Pause.

Take a deep breath.

Ask God to help you trust his steadfast love and faithfulness, even when you cannot see what he is doing.

2. πŸ“… July 11, 2026

Today’s passage reminds us:

True faith rests not on what we can see or control, but on the steadfast love and faithfulness of the living God.

3. ✝️ Psalm 115:1-8

The psalmist asks that glory be given not to God’s people but to the LORD’s name because of his steadfast love and faithfulness. Though the nations question where their God is, he reigns in heaven and does whatever he pleases. Their handmade idols cannot speak, see, hear, smell, feel, or walk. Those who make and trust in them become like them.

4. πŸ“– Key Verse

Why should the nations say, “Where is their God?” (v. 2)

5. πŸ“ Reflection

While evangelizing, I once met a man who said to me,
“If you show me God, I will believe.”

Then, as though he deeply pitied me for believing in a God I could not see, he took from his inner pocket an image of a god that he treasured greatly and showed it to me.

I wanted to continue sharing the gospel with him. I wanted to tell him that although God is invisible to our eyes, he is alive, present with us, and loves him. I also wanted him to know that God desired to give him the gifts of heaven and eternal life. However, his rejection was so firm that I eventually had to turn away.

Even now, when someone challenges me in an evangelistic setting by saying, “Show me God, and I will believe,” I cannot physically present God before that person’s eyes. In the past, therefore, I often prayed that God would perform a miracle while I was evangelizing. I thought that if God suddenly revealed something extraordinary, perhaps the person would believe.

However, the more I came to understand Scripture, the more I discovered a remarkable truth: showing people something does not necessarily cause them to believe, and those who believe without seeing are truly blessed. John’s Gospel quotes the words of Isaiah to explain why people remained unbelieving even after witnessing Jesus’ astonishing signs:

“He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them” (John 12:40-41).

The risen Jesus also said to Thomas,
“Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed” (John 20:29).

These words encourage us in our faith, for we believe in the Lord without having seen him.

Dear brothers and sisters, we remember the Israelites who witnessed the glory of God descending upon Mount Sinai yet rebelled against him by making a golden calf. Merely witnessing a spectacular sight cannot produce genuine faith.

Therefore, our faith must not rest on visible circumstances or outward signs. Even though we cannot see God with our eyes, we must trust in the steadfast love and faithfulness he has promised. Then we will become convinced that glory belongs not to us but to the name of the Lord alone.

May you trust God’s faithful promises rather than what is visible and give all glory to him today.

6. πŸ’¬ What does this passage speak to you today?

  • When God seems silent or distant, what do I usually turn to for comfort or control?
  • Is success, approval, money, a relationship, appearance, or social media shaping my identity more than God?
  • What might I be trusting, loving, or depending on more than the living God?
  • How would trusting God’s steadfast love and faithfulness change the way I face today’s uncertainty?
  • What is one practical choice I can make today to give glory to God rather than myself?

7. πŸ™ Prayer

Our heavenly Father, all glory belongs not to me, but to Your name.

Forgive me for trusting visible things more than I trust You.

Reveal the idols in my heart and help me surrender the things I try to control.

When I cannot see what You are doing, remind me of Your steadfast love and faithfulness.

Help me find my identity, security, and peace in You alone.

May my thoughts, words, and choices bring glory to Your name today.

Amen.


Scriptures

πŸ“– (Psalm 115:1-8, ESV).

1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory,
for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!
2 Why should the nations say,
“Where is their God?”
3 Our God is in the heavens;
he does all that he pleases.
4 Their idols are silver and gold,
the work of human hands.
5 They have mouths, but do not speak;
eyes, but do not see.
6 They have ears, but do not hear;
noses, but do not smell.
7 They have hands, but do not feel;
feet, but do not walk;
and they do not make a sound in their throat.
8 Those who make them become like them;
so do all who trust in them.


Audio Overview


Praise & Worship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Numbers 23: God Is With Us—The Shout of a King | Quiet Time Devotional

Why Every Detail in the Bible Matters πŸ“œ | Joshua 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

Numbers 26: A New Generation and God’s Justice | Quiet Time Devotional