Let God Handle Revenge π Trusting God’s Protection | Ezekiel 25 Devotional (7-Step QT)
7-Step QT Notes
1. π Quiet Time
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Ask God to help you trust his protection, surrender your fears, and leave revenge and judgment in his righteous hands.
2. π July 17, 2026
Today’s passage reminds us:
Because God is our Father, we can trust his protection and leave revenge in his hands.
3. ✝️ Ezekiel 25:12-17
Edom grievously sinned by taking revenge on Judah. Therefore, God will make Edom desolate from Teman to Dedan and execute his vengeance through Israel, so Edom will know his vengeance. Because the Philistines acted with malice and endless hostility to destroy Israel, God will cut off the Cherethites and the remnant of the coast. Through his wrathful judgment, they will know that he is the LORD.
4. π Key Verse
And I will lay my vengeance upon Edom by the hand of my people Israel, and they shall do in Edom according to my anger and according to my wrath, and they shall know my vengeance, declares the Lord GOD (v. 14).
5. π Reflection
Unlike the father, who longs to grow closer to his daughter, her heart remains cold toward him. When she tells him that she wants to travel far away with a friend, he reluctantly gives his permission despite his concerns. After arriving at their destination, however, the daughter is abducted by strangers. She has been taken by a powerful criminal organization involved in human trafficking. Confined in the organization’s hideout, she can do nothing but tremble in fear. She is far too vulnerable to resist her captors and does not even know where she is being held.
Yet in that moment of crisis, the daughter trusts and follows her father’s instructions. Meanwhile, unknown to her, her father is already taking action to find her. The criminals assume that they can do whatever they want to the helpless daughter, but she has a father who loves and protects her. Risking every danger, he tracks down the criminal organization and discovers where she has been taken. At last, the father rescues his daughter and takes revenge on those who abducted and sold her, making them pay for their evil deeds. In this way, the father’s rescue and revenge in the film come to an end.
Many years later, my eldest daughter left for a distant mission field. Although she was clearly responding in obedience to God’s calling, I could not easily shake off my worry and anxiety. Moreover, when I heard that a missionary serving near where my daughter was staying had been abducted by a criminal organization, my heart was deeply troubled. I wanted to tell my daughter to leave that place immediately and return home.
Then one day, while having my quiet time with a worried heart, God gave me an extraordinary sense of peace. He helped me realize that he himself loved and protected my daughter. Even where I could not protect her, God was with her. What I could not do as her earthly father, her heavenly Father was doing for her.
Dear brothers and sisters, we all tend to think that we can accomplish things through our own strength. Yet we must realize that even opening our eyes and breathing in the morning, eating, working, and sleeping at night all take place within God’s will. When we understand this wonderful truth, we experience security rather than helplessness. God protects and preserves us, and, when necessary, he does not hesitate even to take revenge on our behalf. This very God is our Father. May you call him Father today and trust and follow him.
6. π¬ What does this passage speak to you today?
- What situation am I trying to control because I am afraid of what might happen?
- Is there someone I love whom I need to entrust more fully to God’s protection?
- Am I holding on to anger or imagining how I might take revenge on someone who hurt me?
- What would it look like for me to leave revenge and judgment in God’s hands today?
7. π Prayer
Our heavenly Father, thank You for loving, protecting, and watching over Your children.
Forgive me for trying to control everything through my own strength.
Help me trust that You see every wrong and that You will judge evil with perfect justice.
May I find true security in knowing that You are my Father.
Amen.
Scriptures
π (Ezekiel 25:12-17, ESV).
12 “Thus says the Lord GOD: Because Edom acted revengefully against the house of Judah and has grievously offended in taking vengeance on them, 13 therefore thus says the Lord GOD, I will stretch out my hand against Edom and cut off from it man and beast. And I will make it desolate; from Teman even to Dedan they shall fall by the sword. 14 And I will lay my vengeance upon Edom by the hand of my people Israel, and they shall do in Edom according to my anger and according to my wrath, and they shall know my vengeance, declares the Lord GOD.
15 “Thus says the Lord GOD: Because the Philistines acted revengefully and took vengeance with malice of soul to destroy in never-ending enmity, 16 therefore thus says the Lord GOD, Behold, I will stretch out my hand against the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethites and destroy the rest of the seacoast. 17 I will execute great vengeance on them with wrathful rebukes. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon them.”

Comments
Post a Comment