π How Will They Know That He Is the LORD? | Ezekiel 30 Devotional (7-Step QT)
7-Step QT Notes
1. π Quiet Time
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Ask God to help you know Him through today’s Word and to reveal anything you are trusting more than Him.
2. π July 25, 2026
Today’s passage reminds us:
God rules over every human power and makes Himself known by exposing the things we trust in more than Him.
3. ✝️ Ezekiel 30:10-26
The LORD will use Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon to end Egypt’s wealth, devastate its cities, destroy its idols and rulers, and scatter its people among the nations. God will break both arms of Pharaoh so that his sword falls, while strengthening Babylon’s king and placing His own sword in his hand. Through this judgment, the Egyptians will know that He is the LORD.
4. π Key Verse
“Then they will know that I am the LORD” (vv. 19, 26).
5. π Reflection
It has now been a full year since I came to Montreal. During that time, I made several plans to visit cities outside Montreal, but circumstances did not allow them to work out. So far, the only place I have visited is Quebec City, where I went with my children when they came to see us.
When members of the congregation ask my wife and me where we plan to go for our summer vacation, I usually give a simple answer: “We would like to travel east of Montreal.” Some of them then ask, “Where in the east?” At that point, I answer more specifically: “Places such as Halifax in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.” They then tell us that it is a long journey and that we should prepare carefully. They also recommend various sights to see and foods to try. In this way, our conversation becomes much richer.
What do you think? Did you notice anything interesting in the story I just told you? Consider how the conversation changed when I moved from the vague expression “east of Montreal” to specific place names such as Nova Scotia, Halifax, and Prince Edward Island.
Today’s QT passage contains place names that are very unfamiliar to us: Memphis, Pathros, Zoan, Thebes, Pelusium, On, Pi-beseth, and Tehaphnehes. To make matters more confusing, Korean Bibles tend to transliterate these names from Hebrew, while English Bibles often use their Greek or Roman forms. Therefore, when we read today’s passage casually, its long list of place names may make it seem dull and uninteresting.
However, think again about the example I mentioned earlier. A story becomes much more vivid when we name specific cities and places rather than speaking vaguely about “the area east of Montreal.” The same is true of today’s passage. Instead of referring only to “Egypt,” God names its major regions and cities, which were widely known to the people of that time. By doing so, He describes His judgment upon the whole of Egypt in a concrete and vivid manner. This reveals God’s purpose: He wants everyone who hears His word to know clearly who the LORD is.
Dear members of the congregation, QT is not a time to read the Bible merely out of habit. It is a time to know the living God through the word He gives us each day. As we come to know God more deeply, our relationship with Him becomes richer. Our prayers grow richer, and the ways in which we should obey Him become more concrete and abundant. Although today’s passage may initially seem somewhat tedious, may you experience the abundant grace of coming to know the living God anew through His word.
6. π¬ What does this passage speak to you today?
- Is there a difficult or unfamiliar part of Scripture that I tend to read too quickly?
- What does today’s passage teach me about God’s sovereignty and authority?
- What is one specific area of my life that I need to surrender to God today?
7. π Prayer
Our heavenly Father, thank You for speaking to me through Your Word.
Open my eyes to see who You are, even in passages that initially seem difficult or unfamiliar.
Help me surrender every false source of security and depend on You alone.
May my prayers become more honest, my obedience more practical, and my relationship with You richer each day.
Amen.
Scriptures
π (Ezekiel 30:10-26, ESV).
10 “Thus says the Lord GOD:
“I will put an end to the wealth of Egypt,
by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon.
11 He and his people with him, the most ruthless of nations,
shall be brought in to destroy the land,
and they shall draw their swords against Egypt
and fill the land with the slain.
12 And I will dry up the Nile
and will sell the land into the hand of evildoers;
I will bring desolation upon the land and everything in it,
by the hand of foreigners;
I am the LORD; I have spoken.
13 “Thus says the Lord GOD:
“I will destroy the idols
and put an end to the images in Memphis;
there shall no longer be a prince from the land of Egypt;
so I will put fear in the land of Egypt.
14 I will make Pathros a desolation
and will set fire to Zoan
and will execute judgments on Thebes.
15 And I will pour out my wrath on Pelusium,
the stronghold of Egypt,
and cut off the multitude of Thebes.
16 And I will set fire to Egypt;
Pelusium shall be in great agony;
Thebes shall be breached,
and Memphis shall face enemies by day.
17 The young men of On and of Pi-beseth shall fall by the sword,
and the women shall go into captivity.
18 At Tehaphnehes the day shall be dark,
when I break there the yoke bars of Egypt,
and her proud might shall come to an end in her;
she shall be covered by a cloud,
and her daughters shall go into captivity.
19 Thus I will execute judgments on Egypt.
Then they will know that I am the LORD.”
20 In the eleventh year, in the first month, on the seventh day of the month, the word of the LORD came to me: 21 “Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and behold, it has not been bound up, to heal it by binding it with a bandage, so that it may become strong to wield the sword. 22 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt and will break his arms, both the strong arm and the one that was broken, and I will make the sword fall from his hand. 23 I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them through the countries. 24 And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon and put my sword in his hand, but I will break the arms of Pharaoh, and he will groan before him like a man mortally wounded. 25 I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, but the arms of Pharaoh shall fall. Then they shall know that I am the LORD, when I put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon and he stretches it out against the land of Egypt. 26 And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them throughout the countries. Then they will know that I am the LORD.”

Comments
Post a Comment