πŸŒ… Resurrection Hope Changes How You Live | 1 Corinthians 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

7-Step QT Notes

1. πŸ™ Quiet Time

Pause.

Take a deep breath.

Ask God to help you see how the hope of resurrection gives courage, holiness, and purpose to your life today.

2. πŸ“… June 15, 2026

Today’s passage reminds us:

Because Christ has risen, believers do not live for temporary pleasure but for resurrection hope and gospel-centered faithfulness.

3. ✝️ 1 Corinthians 15:29-34

Paul argues that if the dead are not raised, baptism on behalf of the dead and his daily suffering for the gospel would be meaningless. Without resurrection, people would live only for present pleasure. But because resurrection is true, believers must wake up, stop sinning, and live as those who truly know God.

4. πŸ“– Key Verse

I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day! (v. 31)

5. πŸ“ Reflection

I really enjoy the 007 series. From my childhood until now, I have not missed a single film in the series. The stories of secret missions carried out under a hidden identity, the spy gadgets equipped with the latest technology, the spectacular action scenes, and even the inevitable romance—all of these are compelling in their own way.

Yet what captures my heart most is the main character’s willingness to risk his life in order to save the world. Because he is a secret agent whose identity cannot be revealed, the world may never recognize what he has done. Still, with conviction and a sense of mission, he obeys his orders and lays down his life. That is why 007 is such a beloved character.

In a sense, Paul is well known to us today because of the thirteen letters included in the New Testament. But during his lifetime, especially after becoming an apostle of Jesus Christ, his life was neither glamorous nor secure. He was constantly pursued, forced to flee, and threatened with death, yet he continued to preach the gospel. In many ways, his life was far more difficult than anything we might associate with 007.

Paul did not marry, and he had no children. He did not even have a home of his own, nor a stable place to stay. A peaceful and comfortable old age was far from his reality. In the end, he finished his life as a prisoner because of his proclamation of the gospel.

But Paul had the hope of resurrection. It is certainly true that he obeyed as an apostle of Jesus Christ. Yet he also believed that, just as he proclaimed and taught, the dead would be raised. And in that same faith, he was convinced that he too would rise again. Therefore, even though he faced danger every moment, he could boldly carry out his mission of preaching the gospel.

Dear beloved saints, do you believe that the dead will be raised? If so, you are standing on the right faith. With that faith, stay spiritually alert, do not continue in sin (cf. v. 34), and do not live as though there were no tomorrow. I bless you to cast off the fear of death today and rejoice in the hope of resurrection.

6. πŸ’¬ What does this passage speak to you today?

  • How does the resurrection of Jesus change the way I view my future?
  • Is there any sin, distraction, or unhealthy influence I need to wake up from?
  • What would it look like for me to live with resurrection courage today?

7. πŸ™ Prayer

Our heavenly Father, thank You for giving me the living hope of resurrection in Jesus Christ.

Help me not to live as if this present life is all there is.

Wake my heart from spiritual dullness, and teach me to turn away from sin.

May the resurrection of Christ shape my choices, my relationships, and my mission today.

Amen.


Scriptures

πŸ“– (1 Corinthians 15:29-34, ESV).

29 Otherwise, what do people mean by being baptized on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized on their behalf? 30 Why are we in danger every hour? 31 I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day! 32 What do I gain if, humanly speaking, I fought with beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.” 33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” 34 Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame.


Audio Overview


Praise & Worship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Numbers 23: God Is With Us—The Shout of a King | Quiet Time Devotional

Why Every Detail in the Bible Matters πŸ“œ | Joshua 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

Numbers 26: A New Generation and God’s Justice | Quiet Time Devotional