✝️ The Gospel Is Simpler Than You Think | 1 Corinthians 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

7-Step QT Notes

1. πŸ™ Quiet Time

Pause.

Take a deep breath.

Ask God to help you remember the gospel you have received, stand firmly in it, and share it faithfully with others by His grace.

2. πŸ“… June 12, 2026

Today’s passage reminds us:

The gospel is not something we invent, but something we receive, stand on, and pass on: Christ died for our sins, was buried, and was raised on the third day.

3. ✝️ 1 Corinthians 15:1-11

Paul reminds the Corinthian believers of the gospel they received and in which they stand. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. The risen Christ appeared to many witnesses, including Cephas, the apostles, and Paul. Though Paul was unworthy because he persecuted the church, he confesses that he is what he is by God’s grace, and that the gospel they preach is the same gospel the Corinthians believed.

4. πŸ“– Key Verse

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, (vv. 3-4)

5. πŸ“ Reflection

Last Saturday, my wife and I met a homeless man at a subway station. He was dressed in worn-out clothes and had an unusual smell, but he was sitting on a bench outside the station, enjoying the warm sunlight and eating his lunch with delight.

Approaching a homeless person is always something that requires care and sensitivity. But that day, my wife had a strong desire to share the gospel with him, and I agreed with her heart. So we approached him together and greeted him. We said, “Jesus loves you, and we would like to share with you the gospel of His love.” He welcomed us with a bright smile and gladly allowed us to sit beside him and explain.

Because it was such a precious opportunity, we quickly opened a gospel tract and began sharing the core message of the gospel: grace, humanity, God, Christ, and faith. After each sentence, he nodded his head and listened sincerely. Finally, we came to the last question.

“My beloved son, I want to give you eternal life in heaven as a gift. Would you receive it?”

Without any hesitation, he joyfully said yes. When we asked again to make sure, he confessed that he believed Jesus Christ had died for him and risen again. Hallelujah! That day, he became a child of God.

Many believers find evangelism difficult. There are two common struggles. One is not knowing how to start a conversation, and the other is not knowing what to say. In this sense, Paul’s teaching today gives us a very clear answer.

The gospel we proclaim is not something we invented. It is something we first received. And the heart of that gospel is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Evangelism is not about creating special words or preparing an impressive message on our own. Nor is it about explaining the academic achievements of theology. The gospel is simple and clear. It is proclaiming the cross of Jesus Christ and the empty tomb.

Beloved saints, I hope we will not think of the gospel as something too difficult. The gospel is the cross of Jesus Christ and the empty tomb. I also hope we will not think of sharing the gospel as something too difficult. We simply proclaim what we have received. And all of this is done, as Paul confessed, by the grace of God who is with us.

Therefore, may you rely on that grace today and become people who share the gospel.

6. πŸ’¬ What does this passage speak to you today?

  • Is there someone in my life who needs to hear the simple gospel of Jesus’ death and resurrection?
  • What makes sharing the gospel difficult for me: fear, awkwardness, rejection, or not knowing what to say?
  • Do I truly believe that the gospel is enough, or do I feel pressure to make it sound more impressive?
  • How does Paul’s confession, “By the grace of God I am what I am,” encourage me today?
  • What is one simple step I can take this week to share God’s love with someone?

7. πŸ™ Prayer

Our heavenly Father, thank You for giving me the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Thank You that Christ died for my sins, was buried, and was raised on the third day.

Teach me not to make evangelism more complicated than it is.

Give me love, wisdom, courage, and humility to share what I have received.

May Your grace work in me and through me, so that others may come to know Jesus.

Amen.

Scriptures

πŸ“– (1 Corinthians 15:1-11, ESV).

1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.


Audio Overview


Praise & Worship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Numbers 23: God Is With Us—The Shout of a King | Quiet Time Devotional

Why Every Detail in the Bible Matters πŸ“œ | Joshua 15 Devotional (7-Step QT)

Numbers 26: A New Generation and God’s Justice | Quiet Time Devotional