π️ Good News of Peace | Nahum 1 Devotional (7-Step QT)
7-Step QT Notes
1. π Quiet Time
Pause.
Take a deep breath.
Ask God to help you see how the good news of Jesus Christ sets us free from the power of sin and death and leads us into true peace with God.
2. π June 26, 2026
Today’s passage reminds us:
The judgment of God against evil becomes good news for His people because God breaks their yoke, frees them from bondage, and gives them peace.
3. ✝️ Nahum 1:9-15
The LORD will completely destroy those who plot evil against Him, and their rebellion will not rise again. Though they seem strong and many, they will be cut down and pass away. Yet God will break the yoke from His people, free them from bondage, and bring Judah the good news of peace.
4. π Key Verse
Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him
who brings good news,
who publishes peace! (v. 15a)
5. π Reflection
My maternal grandfather deeply cherished the slogan, “Long live Korean independence!” This was because he had personally experienced the sorrow and suffering of losing his country through Japan’s forced annexation of Korea. During the Japanese colonial period, Koreans were forced to use Japanese names, bow toward the Japanese emperor every morning, and endure severe hardship as Japan controlled daily necessities and exploited Korea’s resources. Life became extremely difficult. Then, in 1945, when Japan was defeated in World War II, Korea finally gained its independence. Because “Long live Korean independence!” was the very cry my grandfather shouted with all his strength on that day, the slogan remained precious to him for the rest of his life.
After I personally encountered Jesus and received Him as my Savior and Lord, I came to realize how miserable my life had been as a slave to sin. I was originally a child belonging to God, yet I had been living like a slave under the power of sin and death. But when the joy of being set free from sin and death through Jesus Christ filled my heart, I finally understood why my grandfather treasured the cry, “Long live Korean independence!”
Dear beloved congregation, when God speaks today of judging Nineveh, He is not merely showing us that He will destroy Nineveh in His wrath. At the heart of that judgment is God’s purpose to liberate His beloved Judah from oppression and suffering. Therefore, Nineveh’s downfall was good news and a message of peace for Judah. In the same way, when we believe in the name of Jesus Christ and receive salvation, it is the greatest good news: we are set free from the power of sin and death. Through this liberation, we come to enjoy true peace in God. I sincerely pray that this good news and this grace of true freedom may belong to each one of you.
6. π¬ What does this passage speak to you today?
- What is one “yoke” or burden that I need God to break in my life?
- Am I living in the freedom Christ has already given me, or am I still trapped by guilt, fear, shame, or worldly pressure?
- Where do I need to receive the good news of peace more deeply today?
- How can I share the good news of Jesus with someone who feels spiritually tired, bound, or oppressed?
7. π Prayer
Our heavenly Father, thank You for giving me true freedom through Jesus Christ.
Help me not to return to slavery through fear, shame, guilt, or worldly pressure.
Teach me to live as Your beloved child, walking in the freedom Christ has already won for me.
May my life proclaim the good news of peace to those around me.
Amen.
Scriptures
π (Nahum 1:9-15, ESV).
9 What do you plot against the LORD?
He will make a complete end;
trouble will not rise up a second time.
10 For they are like entangled thorns,
like drunkards as they drink;
they are consumed like stubble fully dried.
11 From you came one
who plotted evil against the LORD,
a worthless counselor.
12 Thus says the LORD,
“Though they are at full strength and many,
they will be cut down and pass away.
Though I have afflicted you,
I will afflict you no more.
13 And now I will break his yoke from off you
and will burst your bonds apart.”
14 The LORD has given commandment about you:
“No more shall your name be perpetuated;
from the house of your gods I will cut off
the carved image and the metal image.
I will make your grave, for you are vile.”
15 Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him
who brings good news,
who publishes peace!
Keep your feasts, O Judah;
fulfill your vows,
for never again shall the worthless pass through you;
he is utterly cut off.

Comments
Post a Comment